New Haven Register reporter William Kaempffer was at the scene Wednesday night of New Haven’s 23rd murder so far this year. Along with his traditional reporting, Kaempffer and the Register staff have been updating an interactive map that plots each of New Haven’s 2011 murders according to location. The spike in violence this year has become a major issue in the Sept. 13 primary election for mayor and aldermen races.
Matt DeRienzo is group editor of Digital First Media's publications in Connecticut, including the New Haven Register, Middletown Press, The Register Citizen of Torrington and non-daily publications including Connecticut Magazine, the Litchfield County Times and West Hartford News. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- John Berry leaving Connecticut to be editor of The Trentonian
- Andy Thibault honored with open government award
- Digital First’s Connecticut newsrooms honored with SPJ awards
- Kristin Stoller joins New Haven Register reporting staff
- Angela Carter rejoins New Haven Register staff
- Wes Duplantier joins New Haven Register breaking news team
- New Haven Register wins Best Sports Section, Writing awards
- Mark Brackenbury named Editor of the Year by Local Media Association
- Sean Carlin joins New Haven Register reporting staff
- Ben Doody named to Editor & Publisher’s 25 Under 35
- Connecticut police move toward transparency after Sunshine Week investigation
- Keldy Ortiz joins New Haven Register breaking news team
- Connecticut journalism wins in annual Digital First Media contest
- Why we ran that photo of a New Haven man posing with stolen gun
- UConn, sex assault, politics and the media’s duty to call a lie a lie
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.